How To Make Money With Google Adsense
The Google Adsense program still offers one of the most effective, easiest & lucrative ways to make loads of money online.
However whilst this may be true it only rewards those internet marketers who are savvy enough to know how to use the Adsense program to their advantage.
In other words Adsense definitely does not reward everyone equally – some adsense publishers will struggle to earn a few measly dollars while others are making in excess of $100,000 a month.
Which group of Adsense publishers would you rather be in?
I’m sure you would choose to be amongst the big earners, in which case read the following power tips to get your Google Adsense campaign started on the right track…
Benefits of Adsense
One of the major benefits, apart from the huge earning potential, is that the amount you earn is the amount you get paid, ie there are none of those pesky refunds that are the scourge of many affiliate programs – you think you’ve had a good month until some healthy sales from a previous month are refunded leaving your commission in tatters.
Google also transfers your Adsense earnings electronically to your bank account in many countries which means that wherever you are in the world you can rest assured that your Adsense earnings will be deposited safely into your bank account and available immediately for you to draw on.
The Adsense program is also very easy to implement on your website or RSS feed and ads can be viewed within 10 minutes of the code having been copied & pasted into your web pages or feeds.
5 Powerful Tips To Make Money From Adsense
- Niche – Choose your website’s niche, theme or topic carefully.If the niche is not a popular one there may not be enough Google Adwords advertisers for Adsense to serve up enough relevant ads on your web page.
- Compelling Content – Build your website with lots of compelling & interesting content to ensure site popularity & good traffic.With good original content, your site will establish a certain amount of online credibility with your site visitors as well as search engines.
- Generate Traffic – Your site may look great but don’t forget that: No Traffic = No RevenueSo you need to generate targeted traffic to your site – unqualified traffic will not help as the site visitors are unlikely to be interested in your website’s topic and therefore won’t be interested in clicking the Google related ads.Here are some traffic generating tips for your Adsense website…
- Write & distribute articles through ezine article submission sites amp; get links back to your site via your resource box.
- Participate in forums & get links back to your site via your forum signature.
- Develop an optin email list & send out regular ezines to your subscribers with links back to the appropriate web page.
- Submit your site to as many online directories as you can.
- Get involved with social networking (Digg, Face Book, Twitter etc) to increase your site’s profile & traffic.
- Incidentally using a Google Adwords campaign to drive traffic to your Adsense site is not the wisest strategy.Not only could it cost you money but could be viewed as arbitrage which Google views in a dim light & could cancel your account.
So don’t forget that the more search traffic you receive the more money you make – you will not make decent income until you start drawing thousands of daily visitors to your website – it is a simple numbers game.
- Adsense Optimization – While getting search visitors to your website is a vital part of the earning process, getting them to click on your ads is just as important – therefore your site’s ads need to be correctly optimized to encourage this.To this end the Google Adsense program gives its publishers the option of various size & color of advertisements.So you can optimize your ads to blend in with your website’s theme in terms of the colors & size.Be sure to keep abreast with Google’s Adsense policies as one of Google’s latest policies state that Adsense publishers should not “format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads”, which puts the blending issue into question.So if you are unsure of anything just visit Google AdSense Program Policies »Or Google’s Webmaster Guidelines »The positioning of the ads also has a marked effect on the CTR (Click through rate) – ads placed above the fold (viewable on the screen without having to scroll down) are more likely to get clicked on than those below the fold.
Also the 336×280 sized content ads are said to be the most effective size ads.
- Test & Tweak – You need to experiment with the positioning & size of your ads.The Adsense program provides site diagnostics, reports & various other tools to help you ensure that you are getting the most out of your Adsense account.
So while making money with Adsense’s set and forget, auto pilot type of arrangement is relatively easy, you aren’t going to make anywhere near what you can from it unless you tap into the best Adsense brains in the business.