How To Set Up An Effective Online Presence
I remember the days when I couldn’t wait to check out my blog’s earnings each morning & the excitement when it had increased to over $9 from less than $5 the previous day.
Well these days earning a decent living from blogging has been made so much easier with the advent of WordPress blogging software as well as all the useful plugins that you can use with it.
So when it comes to setting up a profitable online presence, setting up a WordPress blog has to be the easiest as well as the most effective way of getting your internet business pumping out money on the net.
Not only does WordPress relieve you of the hassle of coding a website with HTML & CSS, but it provides so much functionality in terms of optimizing it for search engines, setting up Amazon stores, RSS feeds and so much more.
If you’re doubtful about the earning potential of a blog, just read how these unlikely millionaires made their fortunes from blogging
10 Steps to Set Up a WordPress Blog Quickly & Easily
If you already have an account with a reputable & affordable web hosting company all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your cPanel account
2. Look for the Fantastico De Luxe icon & click on it
3. Then scroll down the left hand sidebar to Blogs & select WordPress
4. Click on New Installation
5. Leave the empty so that it gets installed in the root domain, ie www.yoursite.com – however if you already have a site up you’ll have to install it into a directory named blog (or whatever you like) so that’s address will be www.yoursite.com/blog/
6. Complete all the other boxes
7. Click Install WordPress
8. After the installation has been successfully completed you will be mailed all your log in information.
9. Log in to the admin area of your blog & scroll down to Appearance & select Themes where you can choose the theme you want – once you have selected your preferred theme just click Activate & that will be your blog’s theme which can be changed at any time.
10. Then go to Settings & select Privacy & change the radio button setting that is normally selected for I would like to block search engines, but allow normal visitors to I would like my site to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers otherwise your blog won’t get picked up by search engines at all.
Whilst we’re talking about SEO you should also set your Permalinks (under Settings) to Custom Structure -> /%postname%/ so that your URL’s are more search engine friendly which will help considerably in ranking highly in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages)
Well these steps should get you on the right track but it’s good to know that there are masses of plug ins that can be uploaded & activated in your blog to help you manage your blog more effectively.
More Resources For Your WordPress Blog
Put your blog on steroids by using the Socrates WordPress Blog software which will set up your blog to start generating Adsense income as well as ClickBank commissions immediately
WordPress Plugins can enable your WordPress blog to do just about anything you need it to do or display – in the WordPress directory you can find, download, rate, and comment on all the best plugins the WordPress community has to offer.
In my opinion the best hosting option that comes with website templates, shopping cart software, almost 100% reliability, great support as well as free WordPress software & so much more is this Web Hosting Company that has packages starting from $3.96 a month for 1 domain or $7.95 for unlimited domains
Just Do It
Remember if you don’t take action & keep wondering whether it will work & where to start, one thing’s for sure – you won’t make any money at all.
So whatever you do, take action & just do it…
6 Steps & Ideas To Get Your Blog Off the Ground
- Start with something small – it could be a hobby, like photography or gardening tips, or something in the health & lifestyle niche
- Then make a call on a domain name
- Then sign up with an inexpensive but reliable hosting company that provides you with great features & benefits – one being the ability to upload your WordPress blog for free.
- Then add awesome content that will have your readers coming back for more
- Then monetize it with advertising (Adsense or Chitika) and/or by selling products & services from it with Affiliate Marketing
- Get all the essential online resources that you will need here
- Then, the best part of all, watch your earnings grow & the money roll in…
So, don’t put it off tomorrow, take the first step (above) and you’ll never look back.
Still stuck for a good idea or inspiration? Then get this excellent book which will show you exactly how to Start a Blog That Matters which will set you up to make real money from your blog